Though there are several certifications in the market for Supply Chain, the leader is always Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) from APICS, USA. The leadership position of CSCP among the Supply Chain Certifications are coming from the following factors.
- The focus on industry best practices
- Continual updation of the material
- APICS Recognised Instructors with in-depth supply chain knowledge
- The practical nature of the content
- The vast network of the organisation
- The frequency of events, webinars, seminars and conferences
- The visibility of the organisation within the supply chain community
- A good learning system with text books and online component
- Flexibility in taking the examination anytime during the year etc.
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) consists of three modules.
Module-1: Supply Chain Design
Module-2: Supply Chain Planning and Execution
Module-3: Supply Chain Improvement and Best Practices
Anyone preparing for the CSCP certification, I would strongly recommend to attend CSCP Review Session and prepare using APICS Learning System. In my opinion, the typical time duration shall be somewhere between 4 and 6 months.
Once the preparation is completed, one can take the CSCP examination in the Pearson VUE Test Centres. The examination contains 150 multiple choice questions and the duration is three-and-half hours.